For my process, I started by planning out my theme and then started with the playboard. Knowing that I wanted to imitate Fenway Park I made the playboard a baseball diamond with the Boston logo on the outfield. After this, I planned out my shots: exterior ramp, and drop target.
1) My first shot was the exterior ramp. For the ramp, I made 2 different prototypes. The first one, I tried to plan out the length and the angle that the ramp needed to go to get the ball around and through to the other side. After this, I realized that I needed a roof so the ball did not fly out of my ramp. In the second prototype, I perfected the length of the ramp and added the top. After doing this, I created the final ramp with think white paper and then I put vinyl on it and add cardboard supports that came out of the back of the machine.
2) After finishing the ramp, which took roughly two weeks, I modge podged the playboard and put it into my machine. I then focused on getting vinyl on the outside of my machine. After finishing the outside in dark green vinyl, similar to the exterior of Fenway Park, I 3d printed my bumpers and ordered rubber bands that would fit on the outside of them.
3) I started my second shot, which was a pop target. I laser cut both the pop target and some red vinyl for the top of my machine, which red " FENWAY". I put the pop target together and then I glued it to my machine. Then, while I was playing the game I realized that the side was bent and needed to be replaced. As a result, I took a piece of thick cardboard and measured the side and cut out a new, straighter side. Now, the ball would not get stuck in the corner. I then glued two magnets to the bottom of my playboard near the pitching circle so it would create a curveball effect. This worked for a few days and then when I came back from the weekend, the ball began to stick and stay where the magnet was, which turned out to be a little flaw when playing the game
4)Last-minute, I realized I needed a wall that directed my shot into the exterior ramp. On the last day of class, I quickly glued the wall which directs the ball easier into my exterior ramp and closed off any gaps that the ball may have got stuck on.
5) If I were to do anything differently, I would add more shots so the game wasn't as boring as it was after you hit the exterior ramp and the pop target.